From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy a string to windows clipboard programmatically?

Hi,

knows anybody a way to copy a string from VI to the Windows Clipboard? The LV Helpfile supports nothing and in "lvwutils" I can't find a function therefore.

I use LV 7.1 and Windows 2000.

Thanks for any help
Christian
Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(6,889 Views)

hi there

well, there are several solutions. i attached the condensed version of a ActiveX-DLL written in VB 6.0 and a VI that calls it. you may have to first browse to the DLL in the Automation RefNum.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(6,883 Views)
... sorry, here it is...
Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
Message 3 of 19
(6,880 Views)
If you want a built in windows solution, have a look at these VIs, which use standard windows API functions.

Thanks ....It is helpfull for me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(5,881 Views)

In the meantime since that old thread started about 10 years ago LabVIEW has gotten official support in the VI Server interface.

Clipboard String.png

This is a snippet! Drag it to your desktop and from there into a LabVIEW diagram. It will work on other platforms than Windows 32 Bit too, unlike the clibboard.llb library.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 6 of 19
(5,872 Views)

wow ....it is really appericatable your fast reply and nature to help.. Thanks a ton.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(5,863 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

In the meantime since that old thread started about 10 years ago LabVIEW has gotten official support in the VI Server interface.

Clipboard String.png

This is a snippet! Drag it to your desktop and from there into a LabVIEW diagram. It will work on other platforms than Windows 32 Bit too, unlike the clibboard.llb library.

I had no idea you could drop and drag snippets! I thought snippets were PNG's! Changed my life, now just need to claim back the many dozens of hours I've spent copying snippets by hand........

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(5,585 Views)

@Wez wrote:

@rolfk wrote:

Clipboard String.png

I had no idea you could drop and drag snippets! I thought snippets were PNG's! Changed my life, now just need to claim back the many dozens of hours I've spent copying snippets by hand........

By the way, I think rolfk's post is a bit outdated. You can drag the snippet directly from your browser to your block diagram usually without needing to save it to file first.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(5,573 Views)

James.Morris wrote:

By the way, I think rolfk's post is a bit outdated. You can drag the snippet directly from your browser to your block diagram usually without needing to save it to file first.

Nope. Does not work with Firefox in this way, first i have to save the png. However, the simple drag&drop works with Chrome browser... No idea why is this difference.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(5,563 Views)