LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I communicate with a device via Ethernet (local network) using labview to both send commands and receive responses?

I'm relatively new to labview and I've come across a problem that has stumped me. What I have is a pc running Labview 6.1 connected via ethernet cable to a hub. The hub is connected to multiple devices that I wish to send commands to (using Labview) and monitor the response. I can communicate to the devices using both telnet and Hyperterminal, but I wish to do so using Labview so that I can create some sort of automated set up. All help is greatly appreciated. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,821 Views)
Check out the TCP/IP examples that ship with LabVIEW. That should get you started. If your devices work via telnet or hyperterminal, the TCP/IP VIs should handle them well. If those devices are instruments, they may even have LabVIEW drivers already written.

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,821 Views)
There is the Internet toolkit that comes with telnet functions, you can use the tcp/ip functions under the communication palette, or you could try using VISA which has tcp/ip support for ethenet instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,821 Views)