LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I collect data from a second instument on a PC while running triggered waveform acquisition wiath Labview. While waiting for

a trigger, Labview locks up all other applications. My two data acquisition applications do not acquire data simultaneously. One (Labview) acquires high speed (25 msec) every 0.5 min, while the other (not Labview) acquires data for 5 sec every 5-10 min.Our Labview VI collects a triggered voltage waveform at 25KHz (512 points), graphs the waveform, measures peak height by cursor placement, writes waveform and peak height data to a file. The VI acquires data approximately every 30 sec. We would like to run a second data acquisition application (Princeton Instruments photodiode array detector using Winspec software) t
o collect data in the period between the Labview acquisitions. When Labview is running and waiting for a trigger, we can't run any other application. Is there a way to run two applications simultaneously, or to interrupt the Labview application and then re-arm the trigger?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,357 Views)
a trigger, Labview locks up all other applications. My two data acquisition applications do not acquire data simultaneously. One (Labview) acquires high speed (25 msec) every 0.5 min, while the other (not Labview) acquires data for 5 sec every 5-10 min.labview can be blocking when waiting for a trigger. The low level software (older NIDAQ ?) can block the whole system to guarantee timely access to the data. But it is more probable that you have a while in which you do not have a wait ms (e.g. 100ms) to free up the processor. So Look carefull at your program and try a newer NIDAQ.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,357 Views)