From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Install A Driver Into the RT target in Labview 8.0?

Hi, everyone!
 I got a problem when I install the driver of VMIC's Reflective Memory card 5565 in the evironment of Labview 8.0 RT. With the driver that downloaded from the link :
 http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E919C659CE034080020E748...
I install it into my remote PC as a RT target. I configured the targer pc, installed the Labview RT. But when I install this driver into the RT target as guided by the "readme.doc" born with it, problems appeared.
  In the section " .INF File Installation" paragraph 3 it said:

For LabVIEW Real-Time, install the appropriate .inf file to the RT-Series PXI controller using Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).  Select the target RT system under “Remote Systems” and select the Software properties tab.  Right-click anywhere in the Software window and select “Choose new install Script . . .”.  Select the desired script file under C:\Program Files\National Instruments\RT Images\VMIC-5565_x\1.1\installE002.rts and click "OK".  Follow any installer prompts to complete the installation. You must reboot the RT target system for the installation to take effect.

But I right-clicked " anywhere in the Software window" and no short-cut menu turnned up, not to mention "select ' Choose new install Script...'". Therefore the driver cannot be installed into the target and in MAX of host computer no device detected in Remote System folder.

I noticed that the driver , even downloaded from logo of " Labview 8.0", has the same contents with that from "Labview 7.0". So, is it the problem that with something todo with the Labview's version? Or in another word, how to install the third party driver into the RT target in Labview 8.0 RT?

It's really a very erging thing and I'll appreciate much if you can help! Thank you !

I am so sorry that it is same with a former issue, but I am really worrying about this problem. Thank you for your any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,362 Views)
Waiting for anyone's help!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,352 Views)