From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How NI locks using LabView to its own boards?

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering to know how NI technically locks using LabView (FPGA and Real-Time modules) to its own developed boards (e.g. CompactRIO and Single-BoardRIO series)? Is there a special BootROM on the board which is responsible to send a signature from the board to the MAX (Measurement and Automation eXplorer) environment and after that the downloading process begins?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,699 Views)

I do not think they give that out under typical circumstances.  You may want to reach out to them directly.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,680 Views)

@Saulberenson wrote:

I'm wondering to know how NI technically locks using LabView (FPGA and Real-Time modules) to its own developed boards...

Your statement is not entirely true, because there are embedded platforms that are supported using LabVIEW and linx (rapsberry pi, beaglebone black, chipKIT, Arduino, etc.).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,666 Views)

I have heard rumors of NI looking to open up to doing LabVIEW FPGA on non-NI boards/targets.  It comes up every few years with no real traction.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,639 Views)