LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical data Averaging

Dear Members,
                       My problem is primarily related with Averaging historical traces.

1- To reterive historical traces with a time interval of exactly 1min and display it on a numeric indicators (10080 values seperately) as I have configured tags(Analog) to log data after 1 min (assume I have run my application for 1 week).

2- I further want to average these 1min values after an hour and save this value in Citadel database, hence having a record of the hourly average of the whole week.

3- Next I want to display these hourly averages(168 values), residing on Citadel database, of last week on numeric indicators.

Let me help resolving this problem.

With Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,440 Views)
Hi Naveed,

From your post, I am not sure if you have begun creating a VI and are now having trouble with it, or if you are starting from scratch in LabVIEW and are looking for design pointers.

From where will you be retrieving your historical traces?  Once you have them in LabVIEW, averaging them should be fairly simple... it will just depend on what form your data is in.  After you average them, you can write (or read) the averages to a database using the Database Connectivity Toolkit. 

It would be easier to help if you asked more specific questions.
Hope this helps,
Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,404 Views)
There are historical vi's that will let you Read Traces for a given time interval and specify the number of points that should be present. You could specify these time intervals in one hour chunks for each day of the week. There is also a vi to Get Trace Statistics that will return the average of the historical trace for the time interval. I think you will only need to figure out a slick way to get the data out of Citadel once it is logged to the original analog tags. This would make it so you don't have to create new tags for historical values.

Message 3 of 4
(2,398 Views)
See if this get you close for a single historical trace in 7.0 format.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,391 Views)