LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide and Show Challenge

Solved!
Go to solution

Create a cluster comprised of two elements on the front panel.

Hide the first element.

Hide the second element.

Challenge: without any programming (i.e. not using any property nodes) show the two elements again.

LV 2013 SP1 VI attached

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,912 Views)

I don't like this game, I feel like its rigged...

Definitely an interesting problem, especially considering how hard it can be to find hidden controls even when they are not within clusters. Unless there was an option in the cluster for hide/unhide all elements I'm not sure how you would go about handling this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,901 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author X.

Right-click the cluster -> Advanced -> Show Hidden control -> Select the control

Double-click the cluster, Edit Menu -> Show Hidden Controls

Message 3 of 6
(2,884 Views)

Learning things all the time, The Right-click version works perfectly, the Double-click simply takes you from the terminal to the control and vice-versa. What version of of LV does this work in?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,868 Views)

@ogk.nz wrote:

Learning things all the time, The Right-click version works perfectly, the Double-click simply takes you from the terminal to the control and vice-versa. What version of of LV does this work in?

At least 2011 but I suspect it existed for a while.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,821 Views)

There is now a front panel option (Tools->Options) to open the control editor with a double click.  If you have disabled this (it is the default choice), then you can double click instead of doing Advanced->Customize to get to the control editor.

Regardless of how you get there, inside the edit menu of the control editor is the option to unhide controls.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,790 Views)