LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/Display Graph

Dear all,

I'm using LabView 6.1
I have a cluster with 8 inputs which are forwared into a Graph Control.
Tell me if it's possible to hide or display one or more channels by pressing a specific button.

Please send me any ideas

Thanks in advance

Giorgos
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kind of persons. Those who understand binaries and the others.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,971 Views)
In past I have used property node of the graph to change the plot color to transparent when that plot needed to be hidden. This approach was easier to implement than reshaping the cluster.

Hope it helps
Message 2 of 11
(2,959 Views)
You can do this by using property nodes. see the attached example for a demo on how to do this. if you need more help just ask.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 3 of 11
(2,956 Views)
I typically use a list box or a tree control to index the plots array so that only the desired plots are displayed. The list box is much easier to use, but the tree control remembers your click order. That useful if you select element 2, 5 , and then 3; they will be plotted as plot0=element 2, plot1=element 5, and plot2=element 3. If a lower element is added, all the other plots won't change color like they will with a listbox. I can whip up an example if you'd like.

btw, I like your sig.
Chris
Message 4 of 11
(2,954 Views)
I'd never tried to use a listbox until you mentioned it in your post. Do you use the same method in the example posted above to set which graphs are visible and which are not? I'm able to set the graphs I want to be visible with the array given by the listbox; however, I don't see an easy way to turn off the graphs that aren't selected...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,939 Views)
I haven't used the Plot.Visible property before, but it does work pretty nicely. I will attach two examples: v2 is the way I usually do it (but it's best used with an event structure as shown), and v3 using the Plot.Visible property. Hope this helps.

Chris
Message 6 of 11
(2,927 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,927 Views)
You may want to convert your vi's to 6.1 so that the original poster can view them.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,920 Views)
I apologize. Unfortunately, I can't save it any lower than 7.0. Maybe someone else can help out. Here's an image of the graphonoff v3 example block diagram. The other one has a few cases and is a little more complex.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,918 Views)
Post them in 7.0 and I will convert it

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,908 Views)