LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi i am new to labview. i want to extract data from a text file and display it on the front panel. how do i proceed??

Hi i am new to labview

I want to extract data from a text file and display it on the front panel.

How do i proceed??

I have attached a file for your brief idea...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,463 Views)

This is no doubt school work. We may give you a push in the correct direction. But not solve your problem. As a starter do you have any coding attempt you can show us. Then post it as labview program file(s) not picture.  

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,450 Views)

Hi,

The below code shows how to read from txt file and display in the perticular fields.

Why have you used waveform?

Regards,

Roopesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,446 Views)

DO NOT POST BITMAPS TO THE FORUM. DO NOT CHANGE THE EXTENSION OF FILES TO GET AROUND THE BAN. THE BAN IS THERE FOR A REASON!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,419 Views)

@RoopeshV wrote:

Hi,

The below code shows how to read from txt file and display in the perticular fields.

Why have you used waveform?

Regards,

Roopesh

There are so many things wrong with this VI, I'm not even sure where to start.

• Hard-coding paths that point to your user folder on the block diagram. What if somebody else tries to run it? They'll get an error. What if somebody tries to run this on Windows 7? They'll get an error. What if somebody tries to run this on a Mac or Linux? They'll get an error.
  • Not using Read From Spreadsheet File.
  • Use of local variables to populate an array.
  • Cannot insert values into an empty array.
  • What if there's a line missing from the text file? Now your data will not line up. Your case structure does handle this.

Also, how does this answer the poster's question?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,414 Views)