LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I have two decimal strings, each one contains numbers that change over time. I want to plot them on XY graph, one string for each axe. Can you show me how to do it?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have two decimal strings, each one contains numbers that change over time. I want to plot them on XY graph, one string for each axe. Can you show me how to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,798 Views)

Can you give an example on how the strings look like? (format, delimiters, etc).

Does each string contain a single number (e.g. 12) or multiple numbers (e.g. 12, 13, 14, 15).

Do you want to only plot the numbers in the current strings or do you want to keep a history of all numbers since the start of the program?

Where is the new data coming from? What makes the strings change? Are you reading them from an instrument?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,788 Views)

There's not much to see, I'm using a serial port communication to acquire continuously a set of signals coming from a microprocessor. Then I use the string subset to separate into other strings and I convert them to numbers, and I use them for a lot of things. So 2 does strings that contains a single number like "1234".

I would like to start a loop receive the 2 different numbers from the serial port, plot them in a xy graph and keep a history of all of them. I'm measuring strength vs. stretching, so each one goes each axe X and Y.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,777 Views)

Thanks, but can you tell be the name of this block:

currently I'm working in Labview 8.2.1 because at school we only have license for this version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,744 Views)

Sorry I'm a noob in labview.Smiley Sad

I already connect the feed back and an arrow appears but I don't know how to connect the the numeric control or something like that with the formula "0+0i". You can send me a .vi if you don't bother.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Figas

This is not a formula, but a plain diagram constant of a complex array. Wire up the rest, then right-click the initializer terminal of the feedback node and select "create constant". That should do it. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,725 Views)

Here's a downconverted version to 8.2. It replaced the feedback node with a shift register. Same difference!

(Maybe your version is too old to exactly duplicate the feedback node.)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,719 Views)

Hi again I already tried your example and it works well, is something like that that I want. But specifically in my project it doesn't work and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,709 Views)