From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hexadecimal string to 0x00000000 to write data into niHSDIO Write Static (U32) VI

Hi NI Community,

I'm trying to create a binary to hexadecimal converter to go into the "Write Data" input of the niHSDIO Write Static (U32) VI. Can you help me understand how I can make this conversion? I attached the VI below.

ask NI.PNG

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,917 Views)

Hi victor,

@victor55 wrote:

I'm trying to create a binary to hexadecimal converter to go into the "Write Data" input of the niHSDIO Write Static (U32) VI. Can you help me understand how I can make this conversion? I attached the VI below.

Right now most of the stuff in this image is handling strings: where do you try to convert "binary" data?

Why do you think you need "hexadecimal" data?

Suggestion: create a boolean array of 32 elements, then convert this array to an U32 number. No need for all those pink string wires and string formatting functions!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,889 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. The Hexadecimal string is the correct output but I need to connect that output to the "write data" of that niHSDIO Write Static (U32) vi and it requires a different format. So I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,868 Views)

Hi victor,

@victor55 wrote:

The Hexadecimal string is the correct output but I need to connect that output to the "write data" of that niHSDIO Write Static (U32) vi and it requires a different format. So I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

When the "String" really is correct then you just need to convert it into a U32 value. Use ScanFromString with %b as format and a "0" constant set to U32 datatype…

But again: Your whole VI is a big Rube-Goldberg!

All your controls (Brykte) should be boolean switches, All the booleans should be used with BuildArray, followed by a simple BooleanArrayToNumber. Or start right with a boolean array - as suggested before. There is no need for any string wires in this VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,835 Views)