LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hex code 0BFFF0015 (Error -1073807346)

Hi,

I am trying to communicate with my Eurotherm 3504 temperature controller in a way that: My temperature contoller is connected to a power supply contorller and then a power supply from one side and to labview from the other side and to a thermocouple form the third side.I am supposed to give a set point temperature in my code. The Eurotherm senses the temperature from the thermocouple. If thermocouple value is lower than the given set point in the code, Eurotherm would grab more power from the power supply to heat up my sample being sensed by thermocouple. This loop goes on until the temperature that the thermocouple is showing is equal to the given set point.

My issue right now is that, it seems Eurotherm is not reading what set point temperature I give in my code. I have attched the set point value subvi which is giving me similar errors for the 3 sub-components.

Worth noting, with NI-max, I can write with my instrument but for read it gives me the error Hex code 0BFFF0015. and in the main code, the current temperature of Eurotherm is read but the current set point no!

Do you know what could be the probelm?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,349 Views)

The error you are showing in MAX is expected since the controller communicates using a Modbus standard, not SCPI like the command you sent it.

The error you are showing with the subVI is saying you have an invalid reference.  And looking at the front panel, that is obvious since you did not specify your port (VISA resource).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,323 Views)

Awesome, thank you for the help. Do you know how I can change it to use modbus commands instead of SCPI? Our code shows it is using modbus in the read from register, and it is showing the error shown in the screencap after addressing the VISA resource name.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,294 Views)

I am still struggling with this issue. I would really appreciate if you could help me to solve it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,263 Views)

From your screen shot I can't see the full error number.  What error are you getting now?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,241 Views)

Error -1073807299

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,232 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,205 Views)