LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with custom radio buttons -

Solved!
Go to solution

Before I go all Rube Goldburg figured I would post for a quick reality check. 

Basically I have a test with several different coupon configurations and I'm trying to give the users a nice interface to select which one they are using. Using radio buttons seems the way to go and I inserted my custom images but I'm left with only being able to select clicking on the actual buttons. I want the user to be able to click the image. Unless I'm missing something I have this feeling I have to create the four custom boolean buttons complete with the 4-6 states and then write the code to make sure only one is ever selected at the same time???

Attached - 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,337 Views)

Note sure how to post a snippit of the control - 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,332 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author F1_Fan

You can change the look and size of the radio button used and superimpose them over your graphic and then set the transparent setting. So that it looks like they are clicking custom image but they are clicking on the invisible button on top of teh image.

But It might be easier to use a picture ring,

PictRing.png

The picture ring can be changed at run time to add selections. Where the radio button enum can not.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,301 Views)

As Omar said, replace the boolean with a transparent button.  In this example I used a Square button from the Classic palette.  I colored the border in one state to highlight which button is on.

The Test Control Border is the modified square button I used to replace the original radio button.

Lynn

Download All
Message 4 of 7
(3,292 Views)

Just a thought process.....

Why not use a Picture Ring control?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,289 Views)

Lynn

Exactly what I was thinking!

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,285 Views)

Worked perfectly!

I'm not even going to fess up on how I was doing this in the past...... Lets just say it wasn't elegant LOL.

Message 7 of 7
(3,265 Views)