LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Wire Pens Property

I'm working on a tool that among other things will automate changing wire patterns. The thing is I'm getting some strange behaviour with the "Wire Pens" class property. From what I can tell, the wire pens value is an empty array if the class is using a parent class wire design and an array of two elements usually if a custom design was applied to that class. 

When working with a single class this holds true. However it appears when I open the entire class hierarchy for a project and load all of those class references into memory then all of the sudden classes that normally output empty arrays for the wire pens property end up outputting whatever the last reading was. For instance let's say I have the following class hierarchy:

-A.lvclass

-B.lvclass

-C.lvclass

-D.lvclass

Notice D doesn't inherit from anything. Let's say it has a custom wire appearance as does A. B & C are set to use default/parent wire. If I open class references to all these classes and read the wire pens for D they are correctly output. However if I try reading the wire pens for B or C after outputting D's, I'm given the wire pens for D. 😕

What in the world is happening. Its like the wire pens property only works if a class has its own wire pens or if no other class references are open perhaps?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,554 Views)