LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Web publishing tool

Hello,
Im having a bit of a problem with the web publishing tool. Ive created a simple vi and used the Web publishing tool to create a web page so that I can view the vi remotely. When the tool gives me a URL and i click on the connect button to preview, my browser generates an error.

"Host not found.

Unable to find the host.....

Reason: The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for.

This can be caused by:
Bad or misspelled URL
Following an invalid link
Problems with your network connection and/or transient conditions on the Internet"

I would like to be able to run this sort of function through my office network (local and international) for current and future projects. Im using LV7.1, Windows XP.

thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,356 Views)
Simple question first: do you have your Web Server enabled (Tools >> Options >> Web Server Configuration >> Enable Web Server)? What is the exact URL you are given? What is your Server's root directory (Tools >> Options >> Web Server Configuration >> Root Directory)? Are you able to host any other pages from the Web Server? Was the Web Server working before? What browser are you using? Do you get the same error when you copy and paste the URL into the web browser? If you browse to the .htm file (Root Directory\VI Name.htm) and click on it, are you able to see the VI (this will only open it locally, not through the Web Server)?
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,330 Views)