From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help request with SR860

I am an undergraduate student just being introduced to LabVIEW. Currently, we are using the SR860 to conduct our measurements. My professor has handed me some old code that was made with the SR850. Right now I have to replace the 850 drivers with the 860 but have hit a bit of a roadblock in trying to find 860 drivers. Using the 850 as an example, I have downloaded what is in the zip file from NI but those are not the drivers that I am looking for. What I need is in the .llb file but I cannot seem to find the 860 equivalent anywhere. I have tried looking through other posts regarding this same issue but have yet to find a proper solution. I would appreciate any help regarding this matter. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,225 Views)

See this thread.. https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/labVIEW-driver-for-SR860/td-p/4009400

There's a good chance SR860 and SR865 both support the same commands.  But you should check the manuals.  SR850 might also be similar enough that it only requires small tweaks to a few SCPI commands.

Craig 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,204 Views)

I have been told by National Instruments that the SR865 supports the SR860. It looks like your idea may be the way I will have to move forward. I am still new to LabView so pardon my ignorance but would using the Instrument I/O Assistant be in my best interests here in going that route?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,198 Views)

I've never used Instrument I/O Assistant.  Looks like it might be helpful to parse response strings to instrument commands.

In general you should..

1) Download and install instrument driver

2) Open the Examples that come with the driver and explore

3) Clearly define the measurement and settings you need to make to the instrument.

4) Read the Fine Manual, repeatedly, and learn all the commands you need to complete your measurement setup.

5) Test commands (IO Assistant or just LabVIEW code like the Examples from the driver)

6) Plan your larger application (all aspects of instrument control, data manipulation, plotting, saving data)

7) Code the application.

😎 Document all you learned.

If you get stuck along the way, post the code here and people can advise and help.

Craig

Message 4 of 4
(2,040 Views)