cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed, Ring Control items missing from application in Run-time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having an issue where a Ring control on my Main.vi is supposed to be programmatically populated, but some items are missing when I build the .exe. The latest run-time engine is installed, and it is a Win 10 machine. I have attached the fairly large complete project with all of the files.

The subVI where the ring control is supposed to be fed from is in the:

Source.lvlib ==> File IO.lvlib ==> Public ==> Load INI_Spatta.vi

This is not my code, but I have been tasked with maintaining , and expanding it from this point on.

I would really appreciate any thoughts on why I am missing items. The directory(s) are correct, and some of the items do load, but not all. 

Thanks very much!

George

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,755 Views)

Without looking through your whole project (no time, sorry) I'd start with this:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAiTSAW&l=en-US

You can remotely debug executables. Since part of your control is populating, then the population code must be working, it's just not loading everything it needs to populate. Try debugging in and seeing what it's missing.

Message 2 of 7
(2,734 Views)

Thanks for the link Bert. I have been saying that I needed to debug remotely, so I will start here & see what I can see.

Thanks again!

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,728 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

Without looking through your whole project (no time, sorry) I'd start with this:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAiTSAW&l=en-US

You can remotely debug executables. Since part of your control is populating, then the population code must be working, it's just not loading everything it needs to populate. Try debugging in and seeing what it's missing.

Debugging executables is broken in LabVIEW 2018.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,664 Views)

Hi again,

So the ring control in my .vi is getting completely auto populated from the proper directories on 2 development machines, but when I run the .exe on the production run-time machine, the control only fills partially. I have debugged the .exe from the dev. env. machine, but can't find what is causing the issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

George

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,620 Views)

Are the ones not being added from a different path than the ones that are?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gsrokmix

Hi,

Yes, only 1 path for all. It turns out that the issue was not a LabVIEW one, but a directory mismatch from another programmer! Once they provided the proper path, everything worked as it should. 

I asked about the path several times, and the answer was always that the path was correct......until it wasn't 😞

Thank you for all of the suggestions. With every problem I encounter, I end up learning quite a bit by the time I get to the solution.

George

Message 7 of 7
(2,585 Views)