LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - Error message appearing during datalogging, is it my number of samples that is the problem ?

Hi

I am datalogging using a NI USB6008 and labview 2010 and keep getting an error message appearing after a few minutes of running.

What I want to do is continue logging until the vi is stopped by the user.

But even though I have set the daq assistant to continuous it still calls for a number of samples to be entered and I'm not sure why. I'm also not sure if I have created a problem by setting the sample rate and no. of samples in daq assistant and then placed numeric control options in the front panel for the user to adjust the rate. When I check the daq assistant it is not updating what the user has entered through the front panel although the vi runs with the front panel values rather than the daq assistant values.

I have set the rate to 3K and the number of samples to 1000. I did try to put in a positive infinity function block on the number of samples but got an error so reverted back to the 1000 samples.

thanks

Andy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,175 Views)

It looks like it take to long for the software to read 1000 samples. You need to add a buffer to you program so that you can buffer sample until they can be read.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,167 Views)

Tim

Thanks for your help. I'm still a novice so do you know how to put a buffer in the vi.

regards

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,157 Views)