LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me, suggestions for get image as follows

Hi; I work in capture of image and I need the next:

- see the camera in real time.

-to capture image with external signal. The external signal comes of microcontroller through of  serial port. I recieve charactersthrough of serial port, if  comes a character "A" i must to active  camera for take and save a image, if i receive the character B, i don't  must take potho, or capture image

I have all of the serial comunication, but idon't found a example for capture image through of external signal....i would like that you help me for get this

I read about IMAQ dx, but this not has content about external signal

** Always that i want capture image, i send  from microcontroller a character through of serial port....when in LabVIEW receive the character, the program must decide if take image o not...

Thanks. I need suggestions. tutorials,all manuals that you  considered important

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,952 Views)

Hi angoav,

Try these tutorials.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4040

http://verl.design.officelive.com/Documents/C-05-04.pdf

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207699

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,917 Views)

@angoav98 wrote:

Hi; I work in capture of image and I need the next:

- see the camera in real time.

-to capture image with external signal. The external signal comes of microcontroller through of  serial port. I recieve charactersthrough of serial port, if  comes a character "A" i must to active  camera for take and save a image, if i receive the character B, i don't  must take potho, or capture image

I have all of the serial comunication, but idon't found a example for capture image through of external signal....i would like that you help me for get this

I read about IMAQ dx, but this not has content about external signal

** Always that i want capture image, i send  from microcontroller a character through of serial port....when in LabVIEW receive the character, the program must decide if take image o not...

Thanks. I need suggestions. tutorials,all manuals that you  considered important

So you know how to capture images right?. If yes then make it as a sub vi and create a design pattern (State machine) in that wait in an idle loop till you get any command from the controller so if you get any command go to a state where you have a case stucture having the commands A, B and what else you want to do. Keep the image capturing module into the A case structure. So whenever you get a command the image will get captured.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,914 Views)