LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help formatting barcode image before printing

I've used this example to build a VI which takes in a string to print off in code39 barcode form. The invoke method, GetImage, seems to always output an image of the same size, regardless of how large the respective indicator is. This leads to the printed barcode taking up a small amount of the real estate on my label stickers. How can I format the image, either by enlarging or perhaps creating a white border around it, to resolve this problem? My subscription does not include IMAQ ImageToImage2, which threw a wrench in my last idea and led me back here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Printer: Zebra GK420d w/ 1"x 3" label stock

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,402 Views)

Have you checked out the Auto-size to Text (Horizontal) library that Bob_Schor posted?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Auto-size-to-Text-Horizontal-for-Strings-and-Paths/t...

It looks like this might fit your use case - this library will change the size of the indicator horizontally to fit your text. If you're calling Windows's print dialog, it should automatically "scale the image up" to fill the label.

Best of luck!

Alan Z.

Message 2 of 2
(2,351 Views)