From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for wrapping .NET DLL so LabView can use events.

I have some software that has a .NET API for controlling a device in a automated fashion (think as part of a larger platform of systems versus as a standalone device). I have no problem using all the methods and properties that are exposed but I just can't seem to get the events (there are 3 events) to work. I have tried everything, I have read everything, and I have concluded that this is a situation that Labview just doesn't want to play nice with and I'd like to wrap the events (in a dll) such that I can access them in labview. I have full documentation of the api and even a C# example program that came with it. Problem is, I don't know any C# at all. The software/documentation is free, so I could provide it to anyone willing to take a look. It event comes with a simulator so the physical device isn't even necessary to test functionality. I realize this is a big ask, so alternatively, I'd also appreciate any step-by-step tutorials for Dummies that anyone could point me to in order to figure this out on my own. I don't really know if the problem is the "null data return" that labview doesn't handle right or if it's related to ".NET remoting" compatibility. I have used .NET events before so unless there's something huge that I'm missing, please trust that I have given this a competent and thorough try (among many) before coming here.

If anyone is willing to take a look and help, please see the info/files below. Again, aside from possibly looking at the actual software any pointers to put me on track to accomplishing this are very much welcome.

The link below contains the installer for the software as well as the API stuff located in the folder "AI". https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VQnxqIt9H2vQ6rLllZM_lEutIRSljTEj/view?usp=sharing 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(537 Views)