LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for a student (sending data throw a network)

Hi,

I´m a student of mediainformatic, so please be gentle 😉

I have to write a c# programm, wich gets data from a LabVIEW 2015 programm. Now the guys who should send the data came to me and ask me how they send this data to a network. YES...

I´ve never worked with LabVIEW bevor and can´t find (for my suprice) any help or tutorial in the internet. Hope some of you could help me. 

If you need more informations just ask 😉 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,113 Views)

Why do you care about how LabVIEW send data via TCP/IP? According to your own words you have to write a C# programm.

My recommendation: Use the "basic" TCP-Read/Write, TCP-Open, TCP-Close functions. These are available in LabVIEW and I strongly assume also in C#.

Now you only have to agree on a protocol on how to transfer data and which programm will wait for opening a connection.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,105 Views)

What exactly are you looking for?  Basic LabVIEW tutorials?  Look at the top of the LabVIEW forum board and you will see links.  TCP Communications in LabVIEW?  Help->Find Examples, search for TCP/IP.

You could also supply the VI(s) that send the data and ask specific questions and we can help out that way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,099 Views)

Hi,
Thanks for the link to tutorials. I´ll see them through.
The problem is, i´ve no plan how the VI´s look like. i was only told, that i have to send an array of doubles with 180 values.
I should only show them a demo, how to implement this sending option. My thought was like: Using an static array, that is sending via TCP to an static IPv4.
Something like this. Hope it helps

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,034 Views)

simply. My programm expends there project. This is in LabVIEW2015. They´ve said to me, they´ve no time to search for how they could implement m programm. The point is, that this project is my final exam in study. So even it wasn´t planed as my part, my exam stands and falls, with this part. Now i try to find a solution.

The network will be create and managed via c#, LabVIEW just have to connect to the network and send the Array.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,030 Views)