LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help --- error 1073807343 in VISA configure serial port with VISA version 4.6.2

Hi there,

I got this error pretty often. When it happens, MAX can not validate the serial port, I have to shut off Labview, then MAX can validate the seril port, after this, I open the Labview and start to run my vi again, then the same error comes again till I restart my computer.

The Labview version I'm using is 2009 sp1 and VISA version is 4.6.2. Is this a bug of VISA? Anybody knows how to fix it?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Weny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,718 Views)

Hi Weny,

Do you close the "COM PORT" when you close the application??  That could be one reason. Or do you run any other application  (No LabVIEW) which uses the same port???

When you get this error, before closing LabVIEW, just open new VI, place "VISA Resource Name" on block diagram. Select the COM port, close it.

Then try running your application.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,708 Views)

@weny wrote:

Hi there,

I got this error pretty often. When it happens, MAX can not validate the serial port, I have to shut off Labview, then MAX can validate the seril port, after this, I open the Labview and start to run my vi again, then the same error comes again till I restart my computer.

The Labview version I'm using is 2009 sp1 and VISA version is 4.6.2. Is this a bug of VISA? Anybody knows how to fix it?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Weny

First thing you need to check is your MAX is not using this port parallely when you are running the VI, or vice versa.

Second thing to check is while your LabVIEW instance is open, you are using the CLOSE VISA function before you stop the VI.

If both these methods don't work, then a system process might have reserved the com port and is no longer available for LabVIEW/MAX.

To findout and to kill the process using that COM port, use Process Explorer application from sysinternals and navigate to find>serial.

The case where you need to restart your PC to get this working points to a problem where a system process is reserving the serial port.

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,705 Views)

Thank you very much for helping!!!

Yeah, you guys are right! I didn't do well on error managing yesterday. Now I added flush receive/transmit buffer and close VISA function after error happened. Everything works perfect!

Thanks again!

Weny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,695 Views)