LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help data logging in LVM file and table on front panel!!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello I need some help. 

I have data being displayed in forms of arrays. I want the data to be displayed in one table on my front panel. I tried using the table  V but didn't succeed in it.

I am also logging data into an LVM file and would like to add the channel names into the file. I have got suggestions to use the "Set dynamic data attributes" but when connecting it i got some errors that couldn't be solved by me.

can someone help me in this part. I am attaching the VI and an picture of the problem area.

The picture channel names shows what I am trying to achieve

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,774 Views)

Tables only display Strings, so you have to convert your Numeric array to a String array to display it in a table on the front panel.

I would recommend you lose the Express vi's and just use the Write to Spreadsheet VI.

Write your headers to the file once first then write your data in a loop as needed

A simple tab delimited text file can be "imported" into Excel without issue.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,732 Views)

set input of "set dynamic data attributes" at the output of merge signal and give signal name of "set dynamic data attributes" as you want then out of this "set dynamic data attributes" must do input of another "set dynamic data attributes"(connect all in cascade form) assign each with your signal name.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,725 Views)

Hello yes I first I tried your suggestion to just write ro a csv file. see picture.But the problem was that the write to data file VI was only giving me the headers and no data. I tried several times without any success. 

could you maybe add your suggestion to my VI.

@Asif I also tried to use the"set dynamic data attributes"  with merge signal but i ended up with errros when merging the signals. Can you maybe show me how to do it,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,711 Views)

I also got the following suggestion, I tried it in a LVM file and xlsx file but the channels names do not apper. I can't find the problem. Any help please. This is only on the gps sesnor

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,701 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shivik89

Problem solved, thanks all for your nice tips.I solved the erros

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,687 Views)