LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Programming a power supply using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Recently I have been assigned the task at work of programming our TDK Lambda power supply with Labview. IE be able to adjust the voltage from 16V to 18V and adjust it back and forth by 1 V every minute for 1 hour. Any clue where to start, because I am a little lost?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,745 Views)

http://www.us.tdk-lambda.com/hp/product_html/drivers.htm

Always check the NI IDN (Instrument Driver Network) and the website of the product before writing your own drivers.  9 times out of 10 they're already written for you. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 8
(5,735 Views)

Will this work with a ZUP (TDK Lambda) version power supply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,729 Views)

The drivers listed in that link are on the TDK-Lambda web site.  I seriously doubt they would mix up their command structure.  From what I've seen, TDK follows the same SCPI protocol that Agilent does.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,698 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author breedicj

a little code to get you started... Smiley Wink

power supply.png

ofcourse, this is stepping the voltage only and not ramping it....

Message 5 of 8
(5,671 Views)

Thank you so much man. I'll still need to make the program to commincate with the power supply, but at least that's one big hurdle out of my way 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,664 Views)
Message 7 of 8
(5,624 Views)

presumably your talking over gpib, if this is the case visa writes to the specific gpib device work well.

e.g.

wire gpib::0::instr to the device input and to the write buffer *IDN? for example. You will need the manual though for the specific commands but they are probaly standard as said above

hope it gets you started

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
Message 8 of 8
(5,603 Views)