From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Labview Version 8 hangs/stop responding

Hello all,

i used to play with labview version 8.2 until recently i moved on to version 8 (due to the expired evaluation period). Ever since i installed Labview version 8, it took some time to load (ard 2 mins) and most of the time, when i start clicking on the buttons and start off with unfinished vi, the program will just stop responding.

my mouse is still able to function as in move around but when i tried to click any other icons at my desktop, it doesn't respond and since i couldn't do anything, i had to force press power button at my computer to restart everything.

The whole process is just less than 10 mins, i tried to reinstall the program but ended up in the same predicament.

Any idea what i should do?

I posted this question at Instrument Control Board but no reply...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,228 Views)

Hello microes,

This is Dominic L. from Applications Engineering at National Instruments. The long launch time for LabVIEW 8.0 was a big concern for many of our customers and has been resolved with LabVIEW 8.20. You may want to try a few of the options mentioned in the following link to reduce the launch time:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/C478B9F22A3FB131862571EF0061CEAF?OpenDocument

Does LabVIEW still not respond if you let it load without clicking anything? It took forty seconds to open LabVIEW 8.0 on my computer. Maybe this issue is because of your computer configurations. What kind of computer do you have? How much RAM is there?

Did you uninstall LabVIEW 8.2? If not, remove LabVIEW 8.2 using add/remove programs from the control panel. Try this and see if it helps.

If the load time is a big issue then I would suggest upgrading to LabVIEW 8.2 if you can.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!   

Best Regards,

Dominic L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,191 Views)