From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

I would like to know more about GOOP. I already know information on NI and Endevo site.
Have you a different information source??
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,518 Views)
You can download the GOOP toolkit from here:

http://www.ni.com/goop/learn_more.htm

Here is a tutorial:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzoneweb.nsf/opendoc?openagent&AC58A7633833CFF58625687E006C3B90&cat=8CF4C1FC9432BAAA862567AC00581392

Good luck!
Enrique
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,518 Views)
First, Thanks for the links. I'm sure they are helpful for someone just beginning.

But I think I'm at the next level (and was actually going to post something today similar to what Golzio posted). I've downloaded the goop kit, played with it a bit to get comfortable and just finished developing my first program with the GOOP model on Friday.

I chose a simple database client program the Quality dept will use to view test results. It lent itself because of it's simplicity. Along with the GUI (which I was impressed to see was only 165k, I'm not used to having a top level vi so small) I have a library (class) for the main body of the program and 4 other libraries (classes) that could be common to other programs. For example one of the classes that came out of this is a proprietary serial communication class we use to talk to our equipment (to get S/N to check in DB).

The reason I'm giving so much info about this is because I have a couple of questions to ask.
I would like to compile the 4 common classes into dll's i could distribute to a common place on the users machine so other programs could use. Then updates (rev spins) might only have to replace one file or another if found older. How do I build 1 dll with multiple public methods? The examples on the website for building dll's show only 1 vi in the dll. I want many public methods in 1 dll.
And if I do this, do i need to go back to my GUI and replace all the sub-vi's with dll calls? I would think so.
If this is not possible, the app builder allows you to build 1 small exe and 1 supporting dll. If I used this method, the main app class and the 4 common classes would end up in 1 program specific dll, correct?

Lastly a comment. If the answer to my last question is 'yes, and this is the only way to do what you're asking' then Labview needs some changes (at least to the app builder) before it will support the GOOP model correctly (never mind fully).

Thanks for any input,
Jared
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,518 Views)
Hi LabVIEWers,

More information about currently available GOOP/G++ solutions can be found here: http://www.buhrke.de/robert/technical/labview/gplusplus.htm.

Hope this helps to get an overview!

Regards,
Robert Buhrke, Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,518 Views)