LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heater Control

I am trying to control a heater with a solid state relay and Labview's Pid.vi and square wave generator.  I have NI USB-9162 and NI USB-6008.  When I try to run my program it sayse that the number of channels in the data is 1000 and gives me error code 200524.  What do I need to add to get my program to run?  I have attached my code below.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,751 Views)
You should just wire the output of the Square Waveform straight to the second DAQ Assistant. The way you've got the Analog to Digital Waveform, you are creating 1000 channels. What is a USB-9162? There is no such model listed by NI. What are you using for the analog out? If it's the 6008, I don't think you can provide a waveform as output.
Message 2 of 12
(3,737 Views)
Maybe he means the USB-9172 CompactDAQ Chassis, but the USB-6008 won't fit in?
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 3 of 12
(3,726 Views)
The USB-9162 is something called a high speed USB carrier.  Inside it is located the NI 9211 thermocouple input, which is what I am using to collect the temperature data.  I am using the USB-6008 for the output, which is probably why I can't use the waveform directly.  I also have a USB-6259.  Would this unit be able to use a waveform as an output?  Also, I would like to use a digital output as opposed to analog.  Can I use the analog to digital waveform converter vi to do this?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,718 Views)
The USB 6259 has clocked digital and analog outputs so you could use either for an output. If you use the digital output, you would use a DAQmx Write set to Digital Waveform 1Ch NSamp and wire the digital waveform straight to the input. There would be no need to use the Digital Waveform to Boolean Array. You would also want to set the Analog to Digital Waveform to 1 bit resolution I believe. Place a Digital Waveform graph on your front panel to look at what you are generating and passing to the DAQmx Write.
Message 5 of 12
(3,713 Views)
I added the DAQmx Write set to digital waveform 1Ch NSamp to my vi and tried to wire it straight to the DAQ Assistant, but the output for from the DAQmx Write is of type Task and the input is a 1D Boolean array.  I can't find any way to get the input on the DAQ Assistant to be of type Task or to convert Task to a 1D Boolean array.  I also can't figure out how to get the DAQmx Write to output a waveform.  I also tried wiring my waveform straight to the DAQ Assistant without the DAQmx Write, but that was the wrong data type as well.  What am I missing here?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,681 Views)
You've got more than one input to the DAQmx Write. There's one called data and just like it sounds, this is the input where you wire your waveform data. You should really give the shipping examples a glance. There's one called Gen Mult Volt Updates-Int Clk.vi that shows everything you need to do.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,673 Views)
I can input to the DAQmx Write vi just fine, but I can't output the data to the DAQ Assistant to then get to my output channel.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,671 Views)
I'm confused as to what you are doing. You should be able to wire the output of your square wave generator to either a DAQmx Write OR to a DAQ Assistant. The DAQmx Write with the Create Channel,Timing,etc., is a replacement for the DAQ Assistant and would define your channel. There is no way (or any reason) to wire the output of DAQmx Write to the DAQ Assistant. Use one or the other.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,661 Views)
If I use the DAQmx Write insted of the DAQ Assistant, how do I tell it which channel to output to?  In its final incarnation this is going to be a sub vi in a larger program that has a DAQ Assistant for all the other outputs, so I'd rather use that if possible.  I'm sorry to keep asking all of these questions, but I am new to Labview and our company doesn't have any money to send me to training.  Thanks. 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,647 Views)