LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headers with Data Underneath

You don't know what efforts I've put into anything so how about we don't make assumptions? I've gone to NI's site and watched plenty of tutorials. The BASIC tutorials. They are too basic. I can add, subtract, multipy, divide, etc. I don't need those ones. Even the ones with the loops/case statements were too basic. They show you how to set it up and where to go to get them. My problem wasn't incredibly basic since you say my solution had been posted on here numerous times. This is nothing an NI tutorial would have shown me unless there are far more tutorials than I've come across. People come on here for specific problems or very general ideas on how to do problems. My problem had not been solved on here or in any tutorial I watched, and this is why I posted. It may seem very basic to you, but we are not all experts at this. I never asked anyone to write a VI for me either, I simply wanted to know what I would need to do to append only data to a file that had headers written into it. I didn't use anyone else's code or Vi's or whatever, so clearly I just needed a little direction, not a whole lecture about how I suck at labview and how I put no effort into it.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(186 Views)

@Szklanam wrote:

You don't know what efforts I've put into anything so how about we don't make assumptions? I've gone to NI's site and watched plenty of tutorials. The BASIC tutorials. They are too basic. I can add, subtract, multipy, divide, etc. I don't need those ones. Even the ones with the loops/case statements were too basic. They show you how to set it up and where to go to get them. My problem wasn't incredibly basic since you say my solution had been posted on here numerous times. This is nothing an NI tutorial would have shown me unless there are far more tutorials than I've come across. People come on here for specific problems or very general ideas on how to do problems. My problem had not been solved on here or in any tutorial I watched, and this is why I posted. It may seem very basic to you, but we are not all experts at this. I never asked anyone to write a VI for me either, I simply wanted to know what I would need to do to append only data to a file that had headers written into it. I didn't use anyone else's code or Vi's or whatever, so clearly I just needed a little direction, not a whole lecture about how I suck at labview and how I put no effort into it.

Nowhere did I say the solution has been posted before. It may or may not have been.

The tutorials are for you to learn the basics so you can write your own code. They are not to provide every possible solution for any conceivable problem that you may have.

Ever heard of taking what you learn and applying it?

That is what it means to be a problem-solver/engineer.

As for your problem, numerous people have already told you how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(182 Views)