LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some basic question to buy Labview basic software + softmotion module or professional version

Hello NI Community,

I Vijay, currently I am using a trial version of LabVIEW. As part of my project I have to work on rotary motors DDR25 from thorlabs. For this do I need to use LabVIEW softmotion module to run the motor.

I have one question I would like to buy a labview software profession version, Incase if I use professional verison still do I need to use Softmotion module. Could you please provide me your kind suggestions.

shall I buy LabVIEW basic version +softmotion module or professional version?

Is it possible to run my motor on labview basic software +softmotion module or in professional version all the modules are included. Looking forwared to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,207 Views)

No, LabVIEW Professional version does not include all the modules/toolkits.

Toolkits are individually licensed or sold (if they are not free).

Some Toolkits require a specific edition of LabVIEW such as Full or Pro edition and may not work with Basic edition.

Use this article to compare the features of various editions - https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/select-edition.html

SoftMotion module is a separate module you've to purchase.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,177 Views)

Please see this Knowledge Base article.  I think NI might have stopped supporting SoftMotion.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,171 Views)

Hi Vijay,

You can use LabVIEW Softmotion module with either LabVIEW base, full, or professional versions.  Any labview would work fine.  However, I'm curious about DDR25 control using LabVIEW.  There should be free drivers available from thorlabs: 

https://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=8892&pn=DDR25

In this case, why do you need Softmotion module?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(901 Views)