LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used libtiff with LabVIEW?

I'm trying to use libtiff to write and read multi-image TIFF files.  I'm having trouble getting started.  Would someone please post examples of read and write using libtiff (simple single-frame examples)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
---
Lam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,108 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,091 Views)
Image Toolbox can read/write multipage tiff.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,055 Views)
MikeS81 and ZJZ123,

Thanks for your response.  However, I need something that I can go in and modify to add additional features.  Both tiffkit and Image Toolbox are closed source.

---
Lam
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,031 Views)
Hi oscar667,

I don't have any experience with tifflib or any resources that use it. Hopefully someone else will have experience using it.

Let me know if there is anything on the labview side that I can help you with or if you have any specific questions about calling functions or using the dll in labview.
Sappster
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,026 Views)

@oscar667 wrote:
I'm trying to use libtiff to write and read multi-image TIFF files.  I'm having trouble getting started.  Would someone please post examples of read and write using libtiff (simple single-frame examples)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I haven't used libtiff yet but did you try to get the import library wizard to create an interface library from tiffio.h? It may blurb about certain functions not being possible to import due to structure parameters containing data and function pointers but AFAIK you do not need those functions for basic TIFF read and write.

Rolf Kalbemratter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,010 Views)
rolfk,

Thanks for your response.

I got as far as the "Include Paths and Preprocessor Definitions".  I specified the 'include' and source directories in the list of paths to be included.  When I click "Next", the "Parse Header File" appears for a few seconds and then closes itself.  The wizard does not let me go any further.  What am I doing wrong?

Help, please!
---
Lam

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,988 Views)

@oscar667 wrote:
rolfk,

Thanks for your response.

I got as far as the "Include Paths and Preprocessor Definitions".  I specified the 'include' and source directories in the list of paths to be included.  When I click "Next", the "Parse Header File" appears for a few seconds and then closes itself.  The wizard does not let me go any further.  What am I doing wrong?

Nothing but some of the functions make use of structures containing function pointers and here the Import Wizard apparently hickups. Also it is using some C runtime headers.

I edited the tiffio.h file with some conditional Preprocessor additions and now it is possible to import the functions that do not deal with function pointers.
Make sure you add a definition of LabVIEW to your preprocessor definitions to disable the problematic functions. Also I just tried it and you probably need to split that file up in some smaller parts. On my 2GB machine the LabVIEW Import Wizard runs out of memory quite soon.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 05-28-2008 10:09 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,974 Views)