LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone create a VI for old Opto 22 Opto Mux brains?

I am just starting with Labview...

Is there any VI or VISA that can talk with the old Opto 22 B2, or better yet; with the newer E2 brain Boards?

I know it is all about ASCII over serial or IP protocols. I just what to know if there is a shorter/easier way.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,665 Views)

Hi 23r23,

After doing a search on NI Instrument Driver Network (IDNet) I found a driver for OPTO22 Opto Mux. Keep in that this driver is simply a collection/library of LabVIEW VI that facilitate communication with your instrument. These VI are based on NI VISA driver for serial communication. Therefore to run these VIs you need to have NI VISA driver installed. You can download the latest version of NI VISA from here.

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,646 Views)

You might also consider connecting via Ethernet (rather than serial). With the E2 you have several options for doing this.

Here's a forum post on Opto 22's website you may find helpful: http://www.opto22.com/community/showthread.php?t=273

Mary St. John

Director of Training, Opto 22

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,623 Views)

Ethernet would be much better than serial.

I'll appreciate any suggestion about this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,617 Views)

Check out that link I included in my previous post -- I put some specific suggestions for you there, but also asked our OptoForums community for input, because I know there are many Opto 22 customers using LabView with various kinds of Opto 22 hardware. I'm hoping they'll chime in to that OptoForums discussion for you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,612 Views)

I'll keep checking the Opto 22 web site, thanks for your post there.

Definetely I'll use the E2 instead of the B2 brains.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,600 Views)