LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody got LabView code working for an Impac Pyrometer?

I had code that used to work with the Impac pyrometer based on the simple serial write and read vi, but I have moved the code to new hardware and it simply doesn't work. The software that comes with the Impac works fine, so I don't think this is a hardware or cabling problem. It is something to do with setting up the com port or something has changed in the NI serial port vis or drivers.

I can't make hyperterminal show any responses from the pyrometer either and I have used a serial port monitoring program to ensure that I am sending the same command string down.

My assumption at this stage is that I need to use the advanced VISA vis and listen for some sort of event. Does anybody have examples of code that works?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,196 Views)
Hi Lorna,

Please can you tell me what the original hardware setup was? i.e Computer, serial port (NI or on-board), LabVIEW version.
Can you then informa me of your new hardware config?

If this does not work in hyperteminal then something has definatly changed, as if hyperterminal does not work you won't get this to work in LabVIEW. The problem is most likely a baud rate issue, or data setup issue. I.e data / parity / stop bits.

Please can you find the documentation on this and include it with your reply.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

It only takes a second to rate an answer 🙂

Message 2 of 4
(3,162 Views)
Thanks for your reply. I've just tried this with a different cable that I had lying around and it looks like it is working. Very mystified as to how the pyrometer's own SW was working if there was a cable fault, but such is life. I'll post again if I have more trouble.
Message 3 of 4
(3,150 Views)

Hi,

Can you provide me the vi that you have used for Impac Pyrometer?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,568 Views)