From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware in Loop Simulation of an engine and testing with a standard ECU

I am a 3rd year undergraduate student currently working on a project in which I have to develop a mathematical model of an enginein Labview.I have developed a generic model but I am having trouble determining the different strokes.I am using a mean value model for the engine.How can this model be developed in Labview and how can trigger mechanisms for TDC and BDC be developed?

Please post links if any.(or any other alternative model).

The VI is the basic model made in LV 8.6.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,450 Views)

Does anyone have any information regarding this topic,it would be vital for my project.

I found a HIL implemenatation on the NI website,but it doesnt deal with modelling of engine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,435 Views)

Hi Hrishik,

After looking at your VI, I feel that you must have gone through the existing models on www.ni.com/support . I went through your VI, and it was using the basic parameters for the same.

Has anyone else worked on engine simulation? If anyone else has worked on the same, I kindly request to share the ideas for the same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,414 Views)

Yes I am using the most basic of all parameters, I just need to make a simple engine model to develop a RCP(Rapid control prototyping) . I just need some help in regards to the timing of integrations for parameters like manifold pressure,RPM,manifold airflow all of which are determined as derivatives in the engine model.

I would also like to know the length of time a project of this magnitude would require for completion as I have to give a deadline to my university .

Anybody with any information,please do share. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,402 Views)