From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware devices which can be connected to Labview

Hi,

Which hardware devices can be connected to Labview?

I need to establish a testing lab and I want all the hardware devices could be connected to Labview,

so I need the names of the manufactors and specific models or a link to list of models.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,225 Views)

I think is would be easier for you to explain more about what your testing lab should do. In what field are you working?

Listing all possible hardware that LabVIEW is able to talk and work with will be like listing all hardware a PC can work with, incl RAM, video card, USB devices, CPU's....

I don't think there is any list for all hardware that LabVIEW can work with.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,207 Views)

The below links would provide you with some information in this regard.

http://www.ni.com/labview/whatis/hardware-integration/

DAQ

http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learnlabview/hardware.htm

Sravn Kumar Dodla
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,205 Views)

I need Multimeter,Scope,Power Supply etc...

I want to know which models or manufactors of those devices can work with LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,201 Views)

Which interface to you plan to use? Serial, GPIB, USB are common choices.

If you just browse IDNet you will see thousands of choices by many manufacturers.

I think you need to narrow this down by determining the specifications you need for your test equipment first.

Some manufacturers provide drivers on thier websites and are not listed (not supported by NI).

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,177 Views)

The quick answer, is that any device designed to accept commands over RS232 or GPIB can be quite easily integrated in to a Labview program.  

Devices that communicate with the aid of a DLL file will require a bit more work (instrument drivers from the supplier for instance).  

In response to your list, I use Keithley source-meters for a wide variety of my systems.  They're very well documented.  I haven't personally integrated a power supply or scope so I can't offer any supplier recommendations there.

Scopes usually are able to communicate with the aid of drivers (if drivers aren't provided and you need to access a DLL, this can get tricky for a beginner).  As far as power supply, this greatly depends on your power needs. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,172 Views)