LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling multi-platform compatibility issues

I created an application for a client using LabVIEW 2010 that pops up a window with instructions and a continue button. (Actually, there is more to the project than just this VI). I have demonstrated that this application works on several Dell laptops at several different screen resolutions from 800x600 to 1920x1080.  No problems. The VI panel is orange (customer's choice) and the string control (takes up 80 % of the panel) is white. Text is black.

Today, I got a call from my customer. He was installing this application on his customer's personal IBM computer (thinkpad) and the window that popped up was black text and black background. I have no way to debug this problem since the customer could not leave his laptop.  As a test, I put a string control on a vi panel and made an application of it to put on the laptop. The test worked as expected with a white string constant and black text.

The laptop was windows 7 (latest updates) running a 1400x900 screen resolution and 16 bit color.  The color options were 32 bit and 16 bit. Neither allowed my application to run correctly.

The panel does a soft transition from 50% to 0% transparency.

Any ideas would be helpful!

If anyone has a high end thinkpad and is courageous, I could send you a test application to try out.

I am stumped about this portability issue.   

And then he asked if he could run the application on an apple under wine.  My support task is going to get larger!

GOTALIA means LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,005 Views)

I just discovered a similar topic in this forum.  Sorry about that

GOTALIA means LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,004 Views)