cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML LabVIEW Interface

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

I have created a HTML Form page. I want to export all the fields which are stored in HTML into Labview, do all the backend processing work on the fields and return back values into HTML. Does anyone know if it can be done in LabVIEW? If not, can anyone please suggest what is the best way to do this job.

Thanking you,

SUCHIT SHAH

Suchit Shah
Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering,
Northeastern University,
BOSTON
MA 02115

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Message 1 of 10
(8,469 Views)
Oh by the way, I have taken an overview of LabVIEW Internet toolkit but my university license does not supports it. So I don't think that toolkit would work for me right now in solving my this problem as of now.
Suchit Shah
Graduate Student
Northeastern University,
BOSTON
MA 02115

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,464 Views)

Hi Suchit,

it sounds like you want to provide your front panel as an webinterface. Please see the webpublishing tool.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=325294&requireLogin=False

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,458 Views)

Hey Mike,

Thank you for your reply. But I fear thats not the case. I do not want to create a front panel on Labview. Instead, I want my HTML page to be the front panel and LabVIEW's Block diagram for all processing work. I wanted to use Labview as a backend language (just because I feel most comfortable with it) which takes input from the HTML page and does all logic work on it and returns output back to the HTML page. I hope am able to convey my idea clearly here. Or else, let me try to build some sample HTML page and give and idea as to exactly what I am looking for.

Suchit Shah
Graduate Student
Northeastern University,
BOSTON
MA 02115

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,445 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Suchit

Hi Suchit,

i think in this case your LabVIEW program has to work as a webserver.

This link can be usefull:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=361394#M361394

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,441 Views)

I think yeah...I need to make LabVIEW as webserver. Though I haven't worked on it before ...I probably would have to find tutorials or sample examples on NI website.

Just for my own sake of confirmation, I have uploaded a sample html page to show what exactly I plan to do. When I click submit button, I want to parse all the field input values and send it to LabVIEW to store in excel format and later on after processing retrieve from excel and send it back to html page. Do you think, using webserver TCP/IP is the best option to do this stuff?

And by the way, thanks a lot for your replies.

Suchit Shah
Graduate Student
Northeastern University,
BOSTON
MA 02115

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,432 Views)

Hi Suchit,

i'm not sure if it is the best option. You can also use apache server to write your file. 🙂

What else do you want realize in LabVIEW? Why do you need this data in LabVIEW?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,425 Views)

To be honest...just because I am GOOD with LabVIEW. I searched on the internet and found I can do the same stuff with either Visual Basic or even simple PERL / VBscripts...but I thought...since I know Labview...I can exploit it to use for this purpose. Do you think...LabVIEW is not an efficient way to solve this problem?

Oh by the way..the reason I am using HTML is because I have multiple pages with such similar forms..and as far as I know..Labview will open different windows for each VI. So I wanted an interface where say, if I click on the "SUBMIT" button, the form changes to say page 2. In labview I think...the only way I can do this is through TAB CONTROL..right? So I thought its easier to make front end in HTML and backend storage part in LabVIEW or as you say probably an APACHE SERVER.

Message Edited by Suchit on 07-07-2009 09:57 AM
Suchit Shah
Graduate Student
Northeastern University,
BOSTON
MA 02115

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,409 Views)

Hi Suchit,

i'm sure it's possible. The before provided link contains a small webserver. With this you should be able to see the field names and the values which were received.

BTW: a tab control is not the only way to present different views. You can also use a subpanel.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,403 Views)

Did you get the solution for this one?

I am also having ideas but it too early to share. I need sometime, inorder to solve it and I almost there.

Though it's easy if you will be using MYSQL. Using Labview is exciting...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,232 Views)