LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC PDA deployment problem using Mobile Module

Hi all,

I am trying to connect my HTC PDA Kaiser (TyTN II) to a customized device using the miniUSB port. This PDA runs Windows Mobile 6, I am using Labview 8.6 (and I am using the Mobile Module - former PDA module) on Windows Vista.

However, I am having a couple of issues trying to do this. Initially I am trying to discover, if the application deployed on the PDA using Mobile Module sees the miniUSB port as a virtual COM port (or serial). This would make my job much easier.

Nevertheless, way before that,  I simply cannot deploy my application on the PDA because there are two files missing during the building process(attached file): windows.h and commctrl.lib, according to the message error.   

I was trying to follow the simple tutorial on http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371296d.pdf but the deployment process stops when I get this message. I installed all the necessary files (Virtual PC 2007, Windows Mobile Device Center and I think LV does the rest) and of course the mobile module. I read about the installation known issues, uninstalling Visual Studio 2008, reinstalling Labview like some of the threads suggested (http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&requireLogin=False&thread.id=132656) and still didn't work. I wouldn't go that far to reinstall Windows, would I?

I know that it might be something related to a wrong path according to the attached log error file during the C generation code, however I am still not sure what's the path supposed to be!

Does anyone could give any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Edgar Charry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,058 Views)

Hello Edgar,

I would like to reproduce your environment on a Vista machine so I can better help you out, I just wanted to make sure that you are using 32 bit Vista and not 64 bit? It may take me a little time, but I will update you with my findings.

Thanks

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,016 Views)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is Windows Vista 32-bit Home.

Certainly the reason is that the builder looks after these two files, that simply doesn't exist. I know it, because I looked for them, and found on the PocketPC2003 - smartphone folder (..\Labview 8.6\PDA\Utilities\VC\Smartdevices\SDK\PocketPC2003\include and lib). And the only one I can at  least emulate is indeed the PocketPC2003 SmartPhone!

So, if your emulator for the Windows Mobile 6 platform works (emulates any VI), could you please give me the correct path of the Windows Mobile 6 and also the files? Here I have: ..\Labview 8.6\PDA\Utilities\VC\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\PocketPC\Deviceemulation\Pocket_PC (and a couple of others, which are pretty much empty - no header files or libraries there, just the PNG files of the figures of the emulators). That's it.

I tried copying the lib and the include folders there, but also didn't work....

Thanks Anna,

Edgar Charry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,007 Views)

Hi all and Anna,

Anyone (whose PC emulates successfully VIs into PDAs with Windows Mobile Professional 6) could give me a hand with the directory structure under  ...\Labview 8.6\PDA\Utilities\VC\Windows Mobile 6 SDK? I think I don't have any of those files...

Thanks!

Edgar Charry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,968 Views)

Hello Edgar,

I am also not able to find those file or their directories, it is a strange error. I was wondering if you had tried reinstalling the Mobile Module? Meanwhile, I will have to do some more research to see if our R&D team came across such an instance when testing the software on Vista.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,926 Views)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the reply.

Although you say you haven't found them, are you able to emulate any VI using the Windows Professional 6 as targeted device?

I already tried reinstalling Labview and also just the Mobile Module by itself, but didn't solve the problem.

You'll probably find them in the \VC\Smartdevices\PocketPC2003\ (include and lib) folders (don't remember exactly, but something similar to this)...

Thanks,

Edgar Charry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,911 Views)

Hi Edgar and Anna

Nowadays I'm working with my PDA and I have the same problem as Edgar, I can't build becuase of those two  files.... I would like to know if both of you have found a solution for this problem, if so could you give me some suggestions?? ... I'm using LV8.6

Best regards

FLAVIO

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,466 Views)