LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSDIO-Working with different logic levels

Hi all,

I am working with HSDIO, in which I use the same channels for generation and acquisition. I need to use different logic levels for generation and acquisition. For example, I need to generate with 5V logic and acquire with 3.3V logic. But the acquisition task will start immediately after the generation task. Is it possible to configure in this way? I am bit confused if this is possible since acquisition and generation are happening on the same line. Can anyone help me clear this one?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,530 Views)

Strange that you need two different logic levels for the same digital lines.  Most devices pick either 5V or 3.3V and stay there.

But given your requirements, I would use a logic level shifter that have enable lines (like a SN74LVCC4245APWR).  My thought is that I would use one port of your DIO for reading and then another for writing.  When writing, you enable the level shifter (so that it is driving the bus).  This would also allow you to use whatever voltage you want for the writing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,454 Views)