LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSDIO Generating waveforms using streaming labview - unable to stream past initial named waveform data

Hello, 

I am attempting a method of streaming a digital waveform that is too large to fit in the on board memory of the device from an array that is read in from a .txt file, while at the same time reading digital data from two separate NI PXI-6541 slots. I have looked at "Generating waveforms using streaming" document, and also the suggested example "Continuous Generation - Stream From Memory VI" as a starting point. 

The problem I am having is the following: While the initial data that I write into my named waveform is generated and I can see the digital output, after that, as I attempt to fill the data buffer when space becomes available, I get no more output. Digital data acquisition seems to start and run fine, but the digital generation just stops after the initial data buffer runs empty. I do not get any error. 

I tried to consult the example and also the forums but I still cannot get my labview to work properly.

Please help. Attached is .png and also .zip of labview code. Thank you. If you need anything else or have another question Please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,068 Views)

Hi GJunek,

Thanks for reaching out- I'm sorry your having troubles, hopefully we can be of help.

The code you posted is pretty busy, and there may be things going on elsewhere in the code that are affecting writing the buffer. Could you try to isolate your data generation function as much as possible, then maybe we can help you out a little better.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,026 Views)

Thank you for the reply, 

I figured out the problem. I was missing the block that changed the generation property from "finite" to "continuous". After I added in that block, everything was generated as expected. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,020 Views)