LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP34970A Sampling Rate

Since I am new to LabVIEW. Can anyone guide me how to adjust (add in the following VI) the sampling rate with HP34970A so that the signal sync (the time shown on waveform graph matches with actual time). 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(971 Views)

Hi Menayl,

@Menayl wrote:

Can anyone guide me how to adjust (add in the following VI) the sampling rate with HP34970A

In your VI there is no sample rate set, there even is no loop rate set at all. So this VI will run "as fast as possible" - which means the HP DMM is setting the loop rate due to its internal acquisition time. Please read its manual to learn about the time needed per sample…

@Menayl wrote:

so that the signal sync (the time shown on waveform graph matches with actual time). 

Do you want to show the "actual time" on the X axis or the time since the measurement started?

Also did you notice that coercion dot at WDTAppendWafeforms? Most often they indicate "unwanted side effects" - I guess in your case too!

Please try this simplified VI first:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(899 Views)

I am not a fan of the HP34970A.  It has been a pain in the arse for every project I have had to use it on.

What voltage range are you trying to measure?  If less than 10V, it would be worth getting something like a USB-6000.  Other options available on that page.  But for $175, you can get exactly what you want using DAQmx as the driver.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(892 Views)