LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDF5 and LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have to post process images acquired by Ophir beam profiler. The file has a property extension "BGdata" (BeamGage data), but it is basically an HDF5 format.

I tried the "h5labview" library but it cannot open the file. Then I tried the "LiveHDF5" which actually can open the file and read first level parameters. I have issue in reading some more nested data like the "bitencoding" structure which in Matlab appers like the picture attaced.

Does anyone has experience with this kind of data?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,556 Views)

If you do a Web Search for HDF5 LabVIEW, you will see that there are libraries, some of which are on the LabVIEW Tools Network, to implement HDF5 file i/o in LabVIEW.  I haven't used them, but have used other functions from the Tools Network.  Why don't you evaluate one and, if it works, post a reply to your own question, marking it as a "Solution" to help the next Forum user with a similar issue?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,525 Views)

Thanks Bob,

as I wrote I tested a couple of libraries.

I will try to download LabVIEW Tools Network even if I am not so willing to buy a toolkit just for reading a file.  Beam profilers are not so uncommon,  I was wondering if someone else managed this king of images.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,524 Views)

Hi, I did not find any additional library. The only one is the Live HDF5 which has already downloaded.

Did you have anything else in yourn mind?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,507 Views)

Have you tried H5LabVIEW by Martijn Jasperse, found here?  There is also an HDF5 Data Plugin that lets LabVIEW read and write HDF5 files (or so it says here).  My apologies if you've already tried and rejected these.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,494 Views)

Yes, I had alrady tried these library, but it seems not able to open tis kind of format (BGdata) of HDF5 file.

I will try the plugin, even if it will require much more time I guess.

BR, Edo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,478 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author logatto

I would have expected h5labview to be able to open your file.  Can you attach a small example BGdata file? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,458 Views)

Hi, I am sorry to reply so late.

You are right h5labview perfectly works for dgData images taken by beam profiler. My initial issue with this library was related to a failure of the dll. Copying the correct dll hdf5.dll, szip.dll and zlib.dll into LabVIEW's resource folder fixed the issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,327 Views)

Hi!

Would you mind telling me where did you find the correct dll hdf5.dllszip.dll and zlib.dll that you copied into LabVIEW's resource folder? 

I think I have the same issue with this library related to a failure of the dll.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,566 Views)

Hi, unfortunately I do not remember where I found the correct dlls.

I can forward them to you (but I guess the size is too big), or I can try to search on my server if I wrote some note. But I am currently in business trip and I have issues with remote connection.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,553 Views)