LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gripper

Does NI support products to simulate a robot arm to swipe a smart card at a reader? Applications running on a remote client will send command such as present a card at the reader.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,790 Views)

Can you clarify your question? What specifically do you want to simulate? Is there an actual robot involved?

NI doesn't sell any robots, so far as I know, but you can make LabVIEW talk to a wide range of hardware from many vendors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,774 Views)

Currently, I'm running my automation scripts developed in HP-UFT (formally known as QuickPro). The problem I have is that I have to manually present the card at the reader while all other functionalities have been automated. I just want to know if NI provides a solution to automatically present a badge at the reader. For example a gripper. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,724 Views)
What confused me in your original post is the word "simulate" - it sounds like you want to actually slide a card through a reader, not simulate it? No, NI doesn't sell such a robot. There is probably an NI partner who can help you find an appropriate solution, though.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,711 Views)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,708 Views)

It might be simpler and easier (and cheaper) to use a card reader like the ones at ATMs. You can insert the card, the card is fed and read and ejected. If you leave the card in the reader it will be fed back into the reader again. There is probably a mode where you can control all of that.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,689 Views)