From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyscale Intensity Graph into JPG Fails.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am attempting to save an unsigned 8-bit intensity graph into a jpg. The data comes from an IDS uEye camera, and displays well, but a) will not write to jpg/png, b) writes distorted bmp (looks like data loss/compression). The error output is code #1 from the Check Color Table Size.vi. As you can see, I do not have a color table wired into flatten pixmap-- is that my problem? If so, what do I input? I cannot find any information to clear this up. It's a greyscale, 0-255 image.

I have also tried:

a) invoke node on the front panel display. This does not work because I must save a 2560x1920 image while displaying a smaller image on the front panel. b) This advice: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-do-you-flatten-an-8-bit-pixmap-with-a-black-and-white-color/m-p/... , which recommends replicating the 8-bit array 3 times, piping that through interleave 1D arrays, then to the 24-bit input option in WriteJpeg. However, my arrays are 2D.

Please advise me on fixing this routine (attached PNG), or suggesting a better strategy altogether (I'm trying to avoid IMAQ and the Vision module).

Thanks!

Warren Harding

ArraytoImageAttempt.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,662 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Warren Harding

I would use the following to generate the color table.  I usually create a constant from the color table Array indicator and use that whenever I do this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,650 Views)

Well done. This works now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,637 Views)