LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph voltage not matching input

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm connected to a NI9215 with a 1Mohm resistor between my com and ai-. I just recently got my offset corrected but when I put a voltmeter to the screw terminal I read 1.0v and my graph reads 1.4. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,356 Views)

Have you tried different input terminal configurations? You have it set to default, but maybe you want to explicitly tell it Differential.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,345 Views)

Hey James, I changed it to differential and it stays the same...does it look like I'm performing a correct offset subtraction?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,333 Views)

Your voltmeter is going to read the average value, so it's not going to see the 1.4V sine wave, just the average. I'm guessing you're seeing exactly what you're supposed to be seeing.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,325 Views)

isn't my offset routine giving me an average as well?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,319 Views)

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. You do get an average value of about 1V and then you subtract that value so now you're centered around zero.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,309 Views)

I guess I'm just a bit wary using the offset method I'm using. I just wanted to know if it's correct. I'm not sure where you're seeing 1v? My DC is around .500.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,305 Views)

Why are you doing the offset subtraction? If you're trying to subtract the DC value from the data values, then yes this is correct. If it's the correct thing to do for your needs, that's something for you to decide.

Are you seeing exactly 1V on your voltmeter? or is it wavering?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,291 Views)

I'm just getting my signal to be clean and centered with the offset. That's all.

Reading the screw terminals with a volt meter gives me 1.07v/+-0.003v. My Fluke multimeter going through an AB switch tells me 1.54v. They're both steady.

This is my graph with these voltages applied.

The red is without the offset applied.

voltage check.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,286 Views)

Correction, the measured voltage across the 1Mohm resistor is 1.07, measuring the voltage directly from ai+ and ai- (not including the resistor) is 1.57v.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,253 Views)