LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph of complex number in Argan plane

Solved!
Go to solution

I need help to do a graph with Voltage and Current Phasors in Three-Phase Systems.. I have a graph of complex numbers, but I want a arrow in the end, to represent a vector.

rsduarte

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,266 Views)

You can use an XY graph or a polar plot created using a picture indicator. Here's how you can do it using a polar plot:

To get the polar plot simply go to the front panel and select Graph -> Controls -> Polar Plot Indicator. Doing this will place a picture indicator as well as some code on the block diagram.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,251 Views)

Thank you but I already saw it. But that is not what I want.. I need the complex number in Cartesian representation z = x + iy. A XYgraph with coordinates real and imaginary. I already have the complex number in XYGraph but I want a arrow in the end, to seem like a vector.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,233 Views)
Then you will need to draw this. The XY graph doesn't have the capability of drawing arrows unless you do your own drawing on the Plot Images. However, if you're going to do that you might as well use the picture-based XY graph. Have you tried a search? If you did you would have quickly come with this example.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rsduarte

I solved my problem

I represent more two points and connect them..

Thank you.

Message 5 of 13
(6,201 Views)

Hi  could you convert your VI in to LabVIEW 7.0, so I could test it.

Please

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,781 Views)

Going back to 7.0 is a bit of trouble.  But that VI would be easy enough to recreate from a screen shot.

Message 7 of 13
(5,766 Views)

Many thaks  

I have tried to recreate it with your screenshot, but when I connect the build array to the XY Graph, it gives an error

“You have connected two terminals of different types:

The type of the source is 2-D array of single complex [~6 digit precision].

The type of the sink is cluster of 2 elements. “

Is there any property from the XY graph that I need to know, to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,758 Views)

Please post your VI.  The XY graph should have automatically adapted to the array input.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,751 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,748 Views)