LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph contextual menu question

This is probably basic, but I am trying to understand how Graph contextual menus function.

In a typical XY Graph, we have the option to modify the (runtime) contextual menu, which is something I am increasingly doing to extend the functionality of that object. For instance I increasingly use a "Delete Plot" or "Paste Plot" (and probably should replace the "Export Data to Clipoard" by a "Copy Plot" item, now that I think of it...).

Anyhow, this contextual menu is available when I right-click on:

- the Plot area

- the Graph Palette

- the Scale Legend

- the Plot Legend (except for the Plot Style region).

- the Cursor Keypad thingy

but not when I click on:

- the Cursor Legend

- the Plot Style regions of the Plot Legend

In the latter two cases, a specific runtime menu pops-up.

This makes perfect sense (well, not exactly: why does the Keypad thingy give me access to a Plot contextual menu? Likewise for the Graph Palette?) but like we may want to modify the Graph runtime menu proper, we may (we do!) want to modify the runtime menu for the the two outliers above.

Why can't we?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,352 Views)

X,

I believe this is due to the properties being separate objects, as such they do not have access to each others properties.  I found another forum post where a workaround is described.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-customize-the-context-menu-in-the-plot-legend-of-the/td-p/209...

If there is anything else we can help with let us know,

J Newk
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)

Hi there, thanks for chipping in.

And thanks for restating my question into a statement...

Private property, do not enter!

Since I do not want to try and build a XControl to reproduce the behavior of the Graph control, I guess I will submit this as a product suggestion when I have some time (or link it to an existing one).

Note that the workaround you are mentioning is DISABLING the contextual menu for the Plot Style.

Did I write that I wanted to disable it?

I didn't think so.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,305 Views)