LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to NIWeek 2005? Sign up for the LabVIEW Coding Challenge

Unfortunately, the time conflicts with my taking the LabVIEW Architect Exam so I will need to withdraw.
Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(2,859 Views)

@JRA wrote:
...Whoever completes a functioning solution first is the winner for that round.

Wow, this is a refreshing change! 😄

So...if my opponent creates a veritable "birds-nest" of a diagram with code that is 3 orders of magnitude slower than mine, but he finishes 1 seconds before me, he wins? 😮

Like in 5 min speed chess, the strategy will be quite different. This is going to be interesting! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(2,849 Views)
I do have one serious question regarding the format. Will there be any time before each round to set the LabVIEW environment options, or will that have to be included in the actual competition time? After 13 years I am very reluctant to work with the current "out of the box" options, and know of at least on friend of mine who probably failed the CLD exam because he wasn't familiar with the "look and feel" that had been imposed in  the last two versions. It only takes a couple of minutes, which was well worth the time to me when I took the exam, but two minutes out of a few hour exam isn't the same as two minutes out of a 6 - 7 minute contest!

P.M.

I seen that Mr. Altenbach is continuing to help others this morning, Good Morning Christian.

Putnam Monroe

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(2,806 Views)

Hi,

I can't sign up in the contest for lots of reasonsSmiley Wink. Excuse me if I'm posting this message here.

Is it possible to place coding challenge questions, attendees' solutions and the contest's result in this thread after the contest?

It will be of great value and definitely will provide forum members a great learning resource and self evaluating material.

Thanks NI in advanceSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(2,776 Views)

I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

This specific challenge is about speed. The contestants have to solve a problem in a few minutes. That means the challenge won't be terribly hard and that their code won't be the best. If you want past coding challenges to learn from you can look here and here.

tst a écrit:

I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

This specific challenge is about speed. The contestants have to solve a problem in a few minutes. That means the challenge won't be terribly hard and that their code won't be the best. If you want past coding challenges to learn from you can look here and here.

I have a different feeling. I'm sure that the hurry will be the source of some really innovative solutions, that could deserve a special place in the BreakPoint funny threads. 😄
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 16 of 26
(2,763 Views)
Well, round one is done, there are only four left, tomorrow, Wednesday is the final round. I will leave the current results a secret, but state that no innovative, nor particularly amusing solutions were created in the first round. J.K did try and psyche the rest of the survivors by embelishing his code (it was a speed contest, first to have a working solution wins), but sufficient Shiner Bock beer (the fuel of champions, see Enthusiast's Mugs in Breakpoint thread) will irradicate that advantage. See Y'all tomorrow.

P.M.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(2,758 Views)
Hi,

I searched NI website to find about coding challenge results and more info that I requested in my last post here, but I couldn't find anything.

How was that? who was the winner of speedy coding challenge? any informative hyperlink?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(2,738 Views)
Well for all of you that have been holding your breath waiting fot the outcome, Jim Kring was victorious, taking me out in the first round of the second day's competition, then taking on Photon Dan in an exciting final round. Adding to the sweat factor for all of us was having Jeff Kodosky, the leader of that amazing group that originally brought us LabVIEW. It was a real treat to get to chat with him and the others after the contest.

P.M.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

Message 19 of 26
(2,733 Views)

It will be nice if someone (organizers?) can post the championship problems... for those who could not attend NI-Week. 

-Khalid

Message 20 of 26
(2,713 Views)