LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail draft or delay message

So I've looked into calendar events a little more and it works great with Gmail.  I can create an ics file, send it as an attachment and gmail will prompt to add to calendar just like the image you posted.  However, if i send the same attachment to an outlook e-mail, it comes through as ONLY an attachment.  It looks nothing like the typical e-mail you get for a calendar invite.

Is there something different I need to do for outlook??  Note that for this file, I used the following steps.

1. create calendar event in outlook

2. send invite to gmail account.

3. open .ics file and change date, organizer, attendee.

4. send new file back to outlook account (should look like a new calendar event)

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(655 Views)

Hello pjr1121,

Here is an example that may help you in this case, however for a complete automated solution you may need third party software (as stated in the same example).

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3708

Eric NI

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(647 Views)

I beat up on this for well over an hour and finally discovered that the problem seems to be the way that the LabVIEW email VIs set the attachment MIME type.

I downloaded this Gmail LabVIEW vi and modified it to set the mediaType of the attached file to "text/calendar".

I sent my .ICS file to my Outlook account and the message showed up as a calendar entry in my In Box.

This seems to be a toolkit problem...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(640 Views)

Hi PhillipBrooks,

I tried to modified the same gmail vi you referenced but got a .NET error.  I also tried to use the SMTP vis but these keep changing the Content-Type field from "text/calendar" to "multipart/mixed"

Can you share the vi you modified?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(580 Views)