This widget could not be displayed.

From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Headings and Time Column on Excel Spreadsheet

Hi,

I am reading a 2-D array of data on an excel spreadsheet. Currently I only have the readings on the spreadsheet. Ideally I would like to have a time column in the spreadsheet as well and also the ability to add column name to each column of data read in the spreadsheet. Is there any way through which I can do this? I have added an image of the wiring I am doing for my interface below.

Thanks,

Rohit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,762 Views)

YOu can select an instance from the "read from spreadsheet" => string like here

That way you can read any value which is on your spreadsheet, just as the columnheaders that you enter

Afterwards you can delete the headers from the 2-D array and transform your data to doubles.

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,759 Views)

Hi Rohit,

Convert the 2D array numbers into string format using number to decimal string, create the 1D array of string headers and build with the 2D string data and wire it to the write to spreadsheet function.

Hope this helps you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,750 Views)

Attached is how I save data and time stamp to a csv file.

The header information is on the far left, before the loop.

It's probably considered an  "Old School" way of doing things.

Let me know if this helps.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,737 Views)